Thursday, May 5, 2011

Lost My Groove!



Sorry Troops, I haven’t had the opportunity to write, I seem a bit off lately.   What is up with the cold weather and all the rain?  This time last year I was full force in training and kicking butt.   I am running but I can’t seem to find my grove?   I do not know at what given point, or what race I lost it at!  BUT I NEED IT BACK! 

Running, especially over long distances, requires a great deal of recovery.  After a few runs, I could not walk off a small curb, for four days without my legs buckling due to weak muscles.   This last run I was waiting patiently behind a head bopping, music dancing, energy for the next year teen runner!,  This was very humbling,  Hello! I hear the inner voice say, OMG, are you old! Get it together.  I know I have a lot of training to do But, I just can’t get into the rhythm.   This experience made me ask myself, why does running require so much recovery? Does recovery just take time? How can I recover quicker and easier from racing and running?  I need to slow down and get there when I get there!   Anybody hear me out there?

So who ever finds my Groove please return it!  I miss it L

1 comments:

You will get that groove back this sunday in the Mother's day run don't worry!!

Post a Comment